Knowledgeable Arkansas DUI/DWI Attorneys Protect Drivers' Rights
Committed lawyers defend clients in the Rogers area against criminal prosecution
We have represented thousands of people on DWI’s
Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. If you were stopped and charged with a DUI/DWI in the Rogers area or anywhere in Arkansas, we are here to help. Our attorneys understand that good people can make mistakes and that breathalyzers can give false readings. At Showalter Law Group, P.A., we have the knowledge necessary to challenge the evidence against you, and the ability to help you pursue the best possible outcome.
Skilled Arkansas advocates challenge drunk driving charges
The attorneys at Showalter Law Group, P.A. may be able to have charges thrown out by demonstrating that an equipment or procedural error resulted in an unfair charge. We will examine whether or not law enforcement followed proper protocol in regard to:
- The stop — Police must be able to demonstrate that they pulled you over based on "reasonable suspicion" that you were acting in violation of the law.
- The sobriety test — There are specific rules that police must follow when administering field sobriety tests, including when measuring blood alcohol concentration (BAC).
- The equipment — Breathalyzer machines have provided inaccurate results in the past, and their reliability can be questioned.
- The arrest — For an arrest to be valid, an officer must inform you of your Miranda rights.
- The evidence — Blood samples and other types of evidence must be stored in certain conditions in order to maintain their integrity.
Our DUI attorneys will strive to get you the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
Trusted counselors provide advice on handling DUI stops
If you are ever pulled over by the police on suspicion of drunk driving, there are several ways you can help yourself:
- Remain calm and be polite — If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated.
- Don't allow a search without a warrant — Any evidence police find in your car can be used to support a DUI conviction.
- Get a blood test after release — It’s a good idea to measure your BAC with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney may use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
If you are arrested and charged with a DUI or DWI, it is wise to contact a DWI attorney immediately. The attorneys at Showalter Law Group, P.A. can start working on your defense as soon as you enlist our services.
One Call Does It All
WE NEVER ADVISE PEOPLE TO TAKE THE BAC TO AVOID SUSPICION UNLESS THEY HAD NOTHING TO DRINK IN THE LAST 24 HOURS! OTHERWISE YOU REFUSE, AND YOU ALSO REFUSE FIELD SOBRIETY TESTS! YOU MAKE NO ADMISSIONS TO DRINKING AND POLITELY REFUSE ANYTHING AND GET ARRESTED IF NECESSARY! BY FOLLOWING OUR ADVICE, YOU STAND A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING OUT OF THE DWI!
Contact experienced Arkansas lawyers for help fighting a DUI/DWI
If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, a qualified defense attorney can advocate for charges to be dismissed or reduced. Call Showalter Law Group, P.A. in Rogers today at 479-480-4255 or contact us online to set up a free consultation.